Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Small Update

Sorry about lack of posts from my end, life's busy plus I've done something to my wrist that hurts badly when I do things like type, write and play piano - which is not good as that is my main source of entertainment, at any rate I am trying to ease up on those activities until my wrist feels better, I may go in and see the doctor if it doesn't get better, but I think it is feeling better. Anyway here is something interesting to look at. I really love maps, because they can give you so much interesting information and tell you a little bit about what makes separate geographic entities similar and also connected locales different. Among the most informative maps of the United States are ones that display information on a county by county basis - look up the presidential election results by counties and you might get a vastly different opinion of the country then before. At any rate here is a map of what name people refer to soft drinks as (pop, soda etc...). It connects different people that I would never thought to connect before (what do California, St. Louis, East Wisconsin and New England have in common?) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment