Friday, December 18, 2009

Also I decided to answer the question of which songs would I keep for a one record White Album:

  1. Back in the USSR
  2. Dear Prudence
  3. Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da
  4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  5. Martha My Dear
  6. I'm So Tired
  7. Blackbird
  8. Don't Pass Me By
  9. Julia
  10. Yer Blues
  11. Mother Nature's Son
  12. Sexy Sadie
  13. Helter Skelter
  14. Long, Long, Long
  15. Cry Baby Cry
Instead of trying to explain why I included these songs I will explain why I threw out the songs I did. Some of the songs were just short snippets and not really full songs, so they got tossed (Wild Honey Pie, Why Don't We Do It in the Road, I Will, Happiness is a Warm Gun), some songs were just too different or odd to be included (Glass Onion, Birthday, Rocky Raccoon, Honey Pie, Revolution 9), Revolution 1 was a rerecorded version of Revolution so I left that one off. I tried to follow the standard Beatle procedure of 2 Harrison songs and 1 Ringo song per album which caused me to ditch "Piggies" and "Savoy Truffle" finally there were a few songs that I just have never liked (Bungalow Bill, Me & My Monkey). The rest of the songs fit on one record (just barely) and are more fully developed songs or in Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da's case I just really like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment