Friday, December 11, 2009

An Introduction!

Welcome weary traveler! You have stumbled upon what we hope to be a treasure trove of learning and thinking. Hopefully our ambitions will not be wilder and grander then our precious time and stamina can stand. It is our goal to turn this simple blog into a repository of culture, arts and thinking in the model of the Renaissance men of old. The subject will be broad but it will expound the classical western thought that has been the backbone of the civilized world. We are guided by a quote from the English historian Dame Wedgwood who declared "An educated man should know everything about something, and something about everything." There are two of us who will be contributing to this blog, I am Omahensis, a name I have chosen because of my love of my region of the world, my Catholic faith and because the word "Omaha" translates, roughly, to "against the flow" or "upstream" and it is my intention that this blog is to fulfill this meaning by attempting to swim against the flow of intellectual degradation that has swept of the once proud middle class of our Western society. My particular interests are cities, infrastructure and music but I love to dapple into just about anything.

Omahensis

No comments:

Post a Comment