Saturday, December 12, 2009

Greetings!

Since my counterpart Omahenesis has introduced himself, I figure it'd be good if I introduced myself as well. My name is Aristocrates and this name comes from the two great Greek philosophers: Aristotle and Socrates. I will discuss many things in this blog but in particular I will tend to focus on the Greek philosophical tradition, its effect on Western culture, and how Christianity incorporates this tradition in its practice. (Also about Christianity in general and how its practice and position is intellectually sound even in post-modern culture.)
As my partner stated in his post, my topics will go against the grain of what is considered rational thought in modern culture and present a different spin on faith, reason, and being in general. My particular interests are theology (being an MA student in theology I hope this is the case :P), philosophy (particularly modern philosophy, phenomenology, and metaphysics, in addition to the Greek traditions. And these relate to Christianity, more on this later), music, poker, video games, and anything that can get my brain going. I look forward to intellectual conversations and lots of fun with you all. :)

Aristocrates

No comments:

Post a Comment